Thursday, December 4, 2008

Log4erl 0.8 manual is out

Hi,

I've just added a new manual for log4erl 0.8. A functions I didn't talk about previously is log4erl:get_appenders/0,1, which basically returns what appenders are currently added to a logger.

Following up to my previous post, I forgot to mention one missing feature for log4erl 1.0, which is file configuration. Currently, you can only interact with log4erl using specified API (check this in the manual). However, I'd like to have the ability to configure log4erl using a file (xml?, erlang term?, properties files?) so that users can just say log4erl:file("log.conf"). The format of the configuration file is not determined yet but it's not difficult to imagine having more than 1.

Time is scarce and I'm busy but I'll try to do all of this by July '09 as expected. This is all for now. Have a good day!

No comments: